Date: June 16th, 5pm - 8pm
Location: 130 Wasagaming Drive, behind the Foxtail Cafe
Class limit: 8 participants
Believe it or not, digital photography can be a little bit complex! And if you want to refine your image crafting skills, there are some critical components that if overlooked, can cause confusion and grief. So in this workshop, we'll go back to basics together to help learn, review, and solidify your photographic foundation!
While any camera is welcome, the language and techniques we will be using for this workshop will mainly apply to DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) cameras. In addition, here is a list of equipment you may want to bring with you just in case, if you have it:
- A variety of lenses for wide and telephoto applications
- A tripod
- A polarizing filter
- Good walking shoes
We will meet for a brief discussion at our Clear Lake office, then go for a walk around the town of Wasagaming to explore, photograph, and discuss along the way. Topics covered in this workshop:
- Light - discussions about quality of light, color temperature, contrast ratios, etc.
- Image composition - concepts like balance, rule-of-thirds, lines and more that construct your image
- Camera settings - controlling image exposure by understanding the relationship between aperture, shutter, and iso
- Camera settings - using aperture and depth-of-field to your advantage
- Digital - image file handling for best editing results
- Organization - best-practice advice about how to handle, organize, and store images to reduce errors
Limited space available, so sign up early!!
"This is a great workshop to refresh and learn about the basics, but also a good opportunity to pick someone's brain who has a wide variety of photographic experience!"